Universitat Politècnica de València, The Technical University of Valencia, is a young institution, having been in existence for more than 50 years. The first units of the Polytechnic, now nearly a hundred years old, were the Industrial Engineering Schools of Alcoy and Valencia. Later the School of Agriculture (1959) and Architecture (1966) were founded forming the nucleus of the Polytechnic Institute (1968). During the 1968-69 academic year the Civil Engineering and Industrial Engineering Schools were established. The Technical University of Valencia comprises 14 colleges and 10 research institutes.
New infrastructures have been developed for cultural activities with modern conference facilities and comfortable accommodation within walking distance. The University has auditoriums with excellent acoustics, state-of-the-art sound systems, show lighting and graphics, a choice of meeting rooms and congress halls, exhibition rooms, and more.
The university has great connections to many interesting and relevant landmarks and places in the city. There are many and regular bus connections to the city center (10-15 minutes frequency, around 20-25 minutes travel time), as well as connections to the city center via tram + metro system (10 min frequency, around 15 minutes travel time). In addition to that, the university is very close to the beach and sea (around 10 minutes by tram), having a privileged location in the city.